Meeting My Long Distance Danish Boyfriend for the First Time in Person (during the pandemic)!

Hi everyone! Finally I got some motivation to update my blog, it's been a while since the last time I posted something here and this time I'm going to post something lovely hahahaha
I just met my Danish boyfriend in real life a week ago, we found each other in internet and we were having 5 months of relationship over the internet before we finally met each other in real life! 
Not butterflies in my stomach, it's the WHOLE ZOO! HAHAHAHA

My Danish boyfriend!


A short story about how we found each other in internet:
In November 2020, I met this cute guy from a dating application called Badoo, it's like a polite Tinder if I could say lol, after I swiped him to right, I noticed that he liked me even before I did. Few minutes later, he messaged me saying simple hi. I replied his message and long story short, we were talking in Badoo for about 5 weeks until finally I asked his social media account, and he gave me his Facebook, phone number, and also Snapchat.
We were talking through chat and video call in Messenger these months as friends, until finally someday he asked me out to be his girlfriend. I said yes and we're officially in a relationship on 9 December 2020.


We planned to meet in person in new year eve but we couldn't make it because of the travel restrictions. We had another plan; meeting in my birthday (February 2021) and again, it couldn't happened because the travel ban was there...

We were hopeless but we never stop believing, we have faith to each other...
Until one day we read news that Danish government lifted the travel restrictions (Danish can fly abroad) in April 2021, we were very excited!!!

Indonesian border has been lifted too tho just for certain type of visa, but we managed through everything. I resigned from my job because my boyfriend is supporting me financially fully already, and I wasn't so sure if my office could give me permission to have vacation for 15 days during my boyfriend's stay here hahahaha

Stress and arguments were there when we were creating his visa and planning this trip, because Indonesian government might changed rules again related to the entry permission, it's scary that this pandemic ruins everything...and we found each other in the middle of pandemic :') it was the biggest test for us so far during our relationship, but our love is stronger than every barrier...

In 30 May 2021 he flew to Indonesia from Copenhagen, Denmark by Singapore Airlines. 31 May 2021 he arrived in Jakarta, Indonesia and had to be quarantined for 6 days 5 nights in the hotel that we already booked prior his flight, all the quarantine cost was paid by my boyfriend. He stayed in Novotel Tangerang Hotel. The foods were bit spicy, I called them to NOT giving my boyfriend spicy foods and then there's no problem after, sadly he couldn't choose his own menu though.

After quarantine done (he got PCR tested twice during the quarantine and all negative), he flew to Surakarta, Indonesia (the city I'm living in) by Citilink. All was smooth and he arrived in Surakarta at around 15:30 wow I was so nervous I didn't even record our 'airport hug'. 

Finally I could feel his skin and hug him for real! He's very very tall and pale...he is perfect

During his stay in Indonesia, we went to Jogjakarta too, sadly a lot of places were closed due to pandemic to we only went to Taman Sari, Malioboro, passed by in Alun-Alun, etc. 15 days flew too fast and it's the time to say good bye...

I was crying so badly in the night before his flight, we were crying and hugging each other all nights til we fell asleep. In the next morning, I was still sad and cry, letting him go was the hardest thing to do even though I knew he would come back someday...

He flew back to Denmark by Singapore Airlines in 19 June 2021. It was the best 15 days in my life and well spent. Even though it was hard to let him go, but I'm glad for everything we have planned! I can't wait for the bigger journey.

Jeg elsker dig min skat. I love you so much from 11,000 miles away...

Watch our first meeting video in Youtube: https://youtu.be/5icLNbBXhS8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BioAqua, Aman Tidak? (Baca jadi Pinter)

Cara Membuat VISA SCHENGEN Denmark Lolos 3 Bulan (Visa Schengen Pertama)

Pengalaman Tes IELTS di British Council Jogja 2022